History Of St Peter’s

“It is a neat and commodious structure, in the Early English style, built of stone, and named after St. Peter the Apostle. From the ledge on which it stands there is a magnificent prospect of the waters of Port Jackson, and a fine view of Sydney in the distance, perhaps one of the most beautiful in the vicinity. It is close to the road, and of easy access both to the residents of the upper portion of the village and those whose houses are nearer to the shores of the bay…”

Sydney Morning Herald, 28th December 1864

 

to be continued…

 

Comments are closed.