Alpha is aimed at people who are not regular church goers and are interested in asking questions about Christianity. If you have questions about Christianity, or are a new Christian,we would love to invite you to join one of our Alpha courses. There are no age limits so feel free to bring friends and family.
Alpha is an opportunity to explore the meaning of life.
The Alpha course consists of a series of talks looking at topics such as “Who is Jesus? and “Why and how should I pray?”. The course also includes a weekend away.
We meet for an evening meal, followed by a video presentation and discussion in small groups. Listen, learn, discuss and discover, and ask anything!
St Peter’s run three courses each year, the first starting the end of January, last week in May and the third, late September.
If you drop Ann the Alpha Co-ordinator a line, we can help you with any queries you may have about the event.
Venue: St Peter’s Church Hall, 331 Old South Head Road, Watsons Bay. 2030 NSW Start Time: 7:00pm
Each session includes:
- a video
- discussion groups
Who is Alpha for?
Alpha is aimed at:
- Atheists or agnostics wanting to investigate Christianity
- New Christians
- Newcomers to the church
- Christians who want to brush up on the basics.
- Anyone not covered by the above…
What will it cost?
There is no charge for the Alpha course, although you may be asked to make a contribution towards dinner if your finances allow.
What will it cover?
- Week 1 – Who is Jesus?
- Week 2 – Why did Jesus Die?
- Week 3 – How can I be sure of my faith?
- Week 4 – Why and how should I read the Bible?
- Week 5 – Why and how do I pray?
- Week 6 – How does God guide us?
- Weekend Away
- Who is the Holy Spirit?
- What does the Holy Spirit do?
- How can I be filled with the Holy Spirit?
- How can I make the most of the rest of my life?
- Week 7 – How can I resist evil?
- Week 8 – Why and how should we tell others?
- Week 9 – Does God heal today?
- Week 10 – What about the church?
The Alpha Course is our main course for adults interested in investigating Christianity. Our introductory dinner is a chance to get a taste of Alpha and a great meal.